Grand Prairie Festival of the Arts.
Here’s a quick post to let you know that the Grand Prairie Festival of Arts is sponsoring a writing a writing contest this spring. Here are the details.
Open to all poets and writers whether published or not, regardless of experience.
Also open to all students.
Poetry: Adult | Grades 3-4 | Grades 5-6 | Grades 7-9 | Grades 10-12
Short Story (Fiction): Adult | Grades 3-4 | Grades 5-6 | Grades 7-9 | Grades 10-12
• All entries must be original works and unpublished.
• Any subject or theme accepted
• Must be typed
• Poems may not exceed one page
• Short Stories (2,500 words or less) label FICTION or NON – FICTION written in literary narrative format
• Cover sheet required for each entry. Include writer’s name, address, phone number, e-mail and category of competition.
• Name must not appear on work.
• Do not staple cover sheet to entry.
• Submit only copies — works will not be returned.
• Entry Deadline: February 25th 2019.
Adults : $5 per entry (multiple entries accepted)
Students: No Fee (entries limited to 3 per category)
Adults: Each Category: 1st ($50); 2nd ($35); 3rd ($20).
Students: Each Category: 1st ($25); 2nd ($15); 3rd ($10)
Cash awards and ribbons:
• Best of Show by Juror ($100)
• Irene Smith Memorial Award by Juror ($50)
Submit entries to:
Creative Writing Competition
Grand Prairie Festival of Arts
P.O. Box 65
Stuttgart, AR 72160
Entry Deadline: February 25th 2019
For more information, contact email@example.com